|
~Previous Posts~
~Things to do~
~Credits~ |
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 Information Overload
Yesterday was too tired to blog about my first day at work. Ya, waking up at 6 am every morning is no joke, I realised that I am really getting old. I remembered waking up at 5.30am every morning when I was still in secondary school.
My first day at work was nothing much. In fact it was pretty boring. I was required to read up my company's manual to know how my company function. So I spent the whole day just reading and reading... I almost fell asleep so I got to keep popping my whole packet of mints to keep me awake. I was so tired I practicaly drag myself back home. So Qian, I'm sorry about last night. I was too tired to talk much about my job. All I wanted to do was to sleep. Anyway, I am now considered as an attachment to my manager. Hahaha.. I'm now stationed somewhere I do not belong to for the first month. I was supposed to learn how the whole company work in one month and then start on my job. Bleah... Today, I was reading the same old document again when my manager walked passed me and asked me what I have read. I told him and he was not too happy. Apparently I read and gotten all the wrong information. After he told me what I am suppose to read, I immediately realised the imporatnace of that document. Hahaha.. So i started reading again. Well, this time round it was so much better because I know what I am doing. Hahaha, it got pretty interesting and I almost didn't want to go for lunch. After lunch, I was sent to another department for attachment. Hahaha.. All i need to know is what they are doing. So I got to do some hands on. It was very very interesting. I went into the cleanroom and had to put on the gear. Hehe.. very fun. I can't really say what I did since it's all confidential. But the colleagues there are very friendly, at least for that 2 colleagues who were supposed to guide me and show me what they have to do. I made a few blunders along the way, but they all said never mind since I will not be doing that anymore. All I have to know is to know how they do their testing. Feeling pretty sad that after the attachment, most likely I won't have any chance of going down to the production line anymore. Today at lunch, then I realised that the group of people I'm going out for lunch with most of them are married and some are with kids. I was shocked. They all look so young!!! Hahaha.. sheesh.. never judge a book by its cover I guess. Tomorrow is another working day. I'm already looking forward for the weekend. Hehehe.. I was telling Yao, I miss studying and he said it was only my first day of work. I start to wonder what my position is really. Some call me engineer, some call me advisor. Hahaha.. So what am I? Bleah.. I really don't know. Working life = no life.. How true...
link | posted by trom_piggy at 8:08 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |